Anti-wrinkle injections are highly effective treatment that smooths dynamic wrinkles and unwanted lines, resulting in a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
THE MOST COMMON INDICATIONS ARE:
- Facial lines and wrinkles
- Glabella lines (vertical furrows between the eyes) or frown lines
- Lines on the bridge of the nose
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Bands on the neck
- Dimpled or pocked skin on the chin area
It is also effective for the treatment of: hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating in the hands, feet or underarms; and teeth grinding.
Dr Julia Coelho has extensive experience administering Anti-wrinkle injections and will tailor treatment to suit your individual needs. Julia believes that the right precision and method are fundamental to achieve a natural look. She values patient safety and is a firm upholder of the philosophy ‘less is more’.
Looking younger and healthier are the two main reasons for having a course of Anti-wrinkle injections. Smooth, fresh, wrinkle-free skin doesn’t just look fantastic, often it can give people the added self-confidence they need to feel good about themselves and get the most out of life. As well as stunning end results and some fantastic psychological knock-on effects.
You can carry on with your day as normal immediately after your treatment, although it’s important to avoid anything strenuous for 24 hours such as going to the gym.
YOU SHOULD ALSO:
- Keep your head upright for 4 hours.
- Avoid touching the injection site or apply pressure treatments (e.g. massage, facials, motorbike helmets, swimming goggles) for 12 hours.
- Avoid heat (e.g. saunas, sunbed) for 24 hours.
Side effects are rare, but occasionally some clients experience bruising, but this usually fades quickly.
FOLLOW UP AND NEXT STEPS
To ensure that you are happy and that optimal results are achieved, it is recommended that you attend a review appointment and assessment at two weeks to check muscle activity and aesthetic outcome. Your next treatment is due within 4 months. Your health and well-being is our priority. If you are concerned about any aspect of your treatment, you should contact Dr Julia Coelho immediately.
RESULTS AND LONGEVITY
Results are seen gradually, usually in 4-10 days. The visual effects of Anti-wrinkle Injections gradually disappear after around three or four months. At this stage a further course of treatment will rejuvenate the skin once again.
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE?
Anti-wrinkle injections is NOT suitable for anyone who:
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding
- Currently has an infection in the area to be injected
- Has Myasthenia Gravis or Eaton Lambert Syndrome
- Is hypersensitive to product ingredients, specifically BTX-A
— As part of our safety procedure we’ll ask you to complete a medical questionnaire before treatment.
ARE ANTI -WRINKLE INJECTIONS PAINFUL?
It is simple and relatively painless. A topical anaesthetic cream may be applied to the treatment area to provide a more comfortable experience. Slight swelling and redness settle with no downtime.